Setup time: 30 seconds
- SAP BW/4HANA subscription
- Web Browser (Safari, Chrome, Edge)
1. Navigate to the SAP HANA Connector
To find connectors in Toric, you must be signed in to your account. On the left side panel of your Workflow, click on "Integrations".
2. Select the SAP HANA Connector
Under the ‘Databases’ header, navigate to the SAP HANA thumbnail and click on Setup Integration
3. Click on Create a Connection
4. Fill in your credentials
Enter the following fields:
- Configuration Name
5. Click on Validate Configuration
Now that you have all Configuration details filled in, click on Validate Configuration.
If the information entered is valid, a Validation Successful message will appear.
- Invalid fields will be highlighted in red and a successful validation will show in green.
6. Click “Add Configuration” to finalize your configuration
Common issues when connecting to SQL Servers:
- Can we connect to the DB?
- Has the customer approved Toric IP's? See this article for a list of Toric's IPs
- Does the machine have a public facing IP?
- Are the correct ports open?
- Does the public facing IP route to the proper host?2 - Can we access the DB ?
- Can we access the DB?
- Did the customer provide the correct DB name?
- Did the customer setup an account with DB access?
- Is the password correct?
Additionally, the typical failure points for most SQL connections are:
- Wrong host/IP - the host needs to be a Publicly Routable name or IP
- IP allow list does not include Toric IPs
- Incorrect Port
- TCP Support not enabled
- Invalid/Wrong DB name
We're very happy to help answer any questions you may have. Contact support here or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.